I see that Durex has been asking people who the sexiest politicians are. Now I don’t really care about politics – but I really care about New Zealand economics! So I decided to grab a bunch of photos of economists who I see in the public eye a lot, and let the half dozen readers of TVHE decide who deserves the title of New Zealand’s hottest economist.
I will include an other option on the poll, and if you do click other I would love it if you put their name down in comments! It is entirely possible I have missed people, as I am exceedingly incompetent.
I have also stuck to economists that are in the public eye incessantly, there are a lot of economists you may think are hotter who aren’t talking in public a lot – but they are excluded at this point. Also, if you are bitterly mean about how any of the economist look I’m going to do a rare thing, break my own personal rule, and censor your comment – economists are my idols, and this blog is my place of worship
Who is NZ's hottest Economist?
- Darren Gibbs (24%, 97 Votes)
- Donna Purdue (22%, 91 Votes)
- Eric Crampton (8%, 33 Votes)
- Shamubeel Eaqub (7%, 28 Votes)
- Gareth Kiernan (6%, 25 Votes)
- Oliver Hartwich (5%, 21 Votes)
- Other (4%, 18 Votes)
- Bill Rosenberg (3%, 14 Votes)
- Nick Tuffley (3%, 13 Votes)
- Jean-Pierre de Raad (3%, 13 Votes)
- Graeme Wheeler (3%, 13 Votes)
- Tony Alexander (3%, 12 Votes)
- Stephen Toplis (1%, 6 Votes)
- Ganesh Nana (1%, 6 Votes)
- Gareth Morgan (1%, 6 Votes)
- Cameron Bagrie (1%, 5 Votes)
- Dominick Stephens (1%, 3 Votes)
- Gabriel Makhlouf (4%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 407
Note: Will close Friday 22 March, at midday in NZ.
If you need photos, come with me as I explore google trying to find professional photos. If you can find better photos, throw them in the comments and I will update!