After everything going haywire for a while it has all gone quiet, and generally we are supposed to remain mute on party preference and party politics until 7pm tonight. That has lead Imperator Fish to go on a journey of arbitrary things (one, two, three, four).
I’m going to stick to election related points that are irrelevant instead:
- There was lots of advanced voting this time. And yet this is the first time I haven’t advanced voted. I’m pretending this is due to pure chance, rather than it being a statement about how cool my choices are.
- This is my first time in “Wellington Central”. I quite like this electorate to be honest
- Does anyone else get a bit nervous that the ink from the orange pen will stain another part of the voting form, and your vote will be thrown out?
- On that note, the orange mark shows up on the back of the paper – I don’t really like that either.
- Why can people yell out you outside of advance voting booths, but not outside of voting booths on the day?
- Do I have to wear my “Yes I have voted” sticker all day to stop people yelling at me?
So if you haven’t go vote. Preferably, wear orange: