Hello internet! If anyone is still following this site, which undoubtedly looks dead, I’d like to give you a shout that regular posts are on their way back.
First can I say, WTF has been happening in the world since I wandered away from the computer. I stop keeping tabs on economic and political news for a couple of years and the world has completely changed … I just don’t even have the words.
I never meant to stop posting, hence why there was no farewell post. However, my attempts at writing a PhD thesis got in the way of any other sort of reading or writing – and as a result I was both short of content and shorn of the capability to write even poor attempts at blog posts. Similarly the other brave writers of TVHE found life getting in their way – our common group emails even became a rarity over this period something we all bemoaned!
However, now I’m back to adding some content on here – but I’ll have to give a few notes:
- The plan is to only post once per week until I find my feet a bit more – I still have a lot of balls in the air (the thesis isn’t submitted yet and I’m organising work) and don’t just want to provide single links with a one line comment when I do post.
- On that note I will be hoping that, if anyone is around, they will be comfortable adding comments. I do this for the conversation about economics – not because I have any amazing insight. If people are keen for us to bounce ideas off each other then this blog can get back rolling.
- I will be staying away from the TVHE twitter as I have for the last 3+ years (although these posts will be linked there automatically I hope – so keep following). Twitter became toxic in 2014 and appears to have just become more of a cesspool since – I want to discuss economic ideas and arguments, not deal with traded insults. If someone can convince me to come back then I may change my mind.
- I will NOT be blogging on my specialisation (analysis of income inequality) in detail until I’ve defended my thesis – that is months away still. There will be outline posts, but I will steering away from to much detail at first.
- I have been lecturing entry level economics, and giving a few lectures on economic modelling, since I have been away. Content related to this is likely to turn up. Specifically, I would like to create content to share with my students – this semester is macroeconomics, so I may be going back to macro for a bit.
- After a few months I will be looking at running some ideas past anyone who turns up to read these posts – I would like some more interactive discussion of economic topics as related to New Zealand without the external pressure that exists to advocate. Lets talk economic concepts and try to really understand the trade-offs that exist in New Zealand.
- If you have some excellent recommendations for books to review hit me up.
If you want to see some of the output from my thesis take a look here for working papers. If this is an area you have done research and you want to critique my thesis that is cool, just give me a yell. If you are reading this post that’s cool, leave a comment about a social issue you would like covered in New Zealand that fits within the 5 W and an H framework of economics. I promise to do my best to describe as much as possible without reaching any conclusions.
If you’re looking for the best seo company that will help you boost your revenue through digital marketing efforts, visit indexsy.com.